Monday, December 7, 2009

People Whom I Respect

I was born in Phnom Penh city in a poor family and grew up there. I am so proud and happy to live with my lovely family. This is because I have good parents and brothers who always encourage me to overcome everything. Even though I am not in a rich family, I think that I am loved by my family members.

My parents are so kind, and also respectful of others. My father works hard to help me and my brothers be able to go to school. He studied hard at school, and he used to work in the government. Because of his effort at work, he was twice sent to study more in other countries, including East Germany, Soviet Union and Vietnam. He is getting older and older and does not look so healthy. However, he is still working in the air force to support the family. He is a quiet man, so he does not talk too much with us. However, I know he loves us and always takes responsibility as a good father. When I look into his eyes, I recognize that he is proud and happy to have me as his son. He can send me messages through his feelings rather than talking too much. Talking about my mother, she is a silent woman, as well. I mean my mother and father have almost the same personality. My mother is weak, so she always moves slowly. For example, she walks and eats slowly. Additionally, the way she speaks is kind of slow, too. Of course, I know that she is tired everyday because she has to get up early in the morning, and then she leaves home for market, where she sells fruits every day to earn money in order to support our living. I remember she said, " I am so happy when I can send all of you to school even though I am tired, or have any difficulties." She added that the most important things for us was to go to school. I was extremely very excited and happy to hear her words. My parents always let me do what I want. As I remember, when I started to play Sepak Takraw in junior high school, my parents told me that I could do it if I continued studying. They gave me hope, so I tried my best. As a result, what I achieved was that I was chosen for the national team.

I think that I am a lucky son to have parents like them. I respect them and will never forget them as long as I still live on the earth. Now, I cannot see their faces, but at least, I can hear them talking on the phone. Their kindness makes me stronger and pushes me to try harder.

When I came to Japan, I thought that it was a good place for everyone to live because here they have everything. However, I was shocked when I saw some news on TV or newspapers showing that there were many cases of murder in families. There are cases where a wife killed her husband or children, or in reverse, a husband killed his wife or children, grandchildren killed their grandparents, etc. I am still wondering why this happens in a rich country like Japan. I think the love between parents and children in Japan is low compared to the majorities of countries around the world. So I really want to know exactly whom Japanese children love and respect.

Finally, I just want to say that I love my parents and my brothers. They always give me strength to do things. They encourage and respect me, and I respect them, too. I am committed giving something back to thank them. I think I have to respect myself, too, and then my family before I can respect others. How can you do something for anyone or be respectful of them if you do not know who you are, in which family you were born, and in which country you are from?

No comments:

Post a Comment